Position: Service Manager
Location: Sturgis, Michigan
Position Summary: With machines in over 75 countries and in operation for over 70 years, OAK’s machine install base is varied. The Service Manager will oversee all activities of Burr Oak Tool Inc.’s Field Service Department and Training Center of Excellence.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5-10 years of work experience as a program manager of operational or service departments
Experience: The candidate will have a proven track record of process excellence and experience as a project manager. The ideal candidate would have previous experience with industrial equipment and its components (e.g. HMI, PLC, Mechanical, and Electrical).
- Articulates a vision of OAK Service needs/requirements in the market, then responds to those needs via robust service delivery model.
- Accountable for Preventative and Corrective maintenance of OAK machines globally.
- Drives the Field Service Team and the Center of Excellence Team to deliver quality service to our customers via detailed training programs, robust training content and quality processes.
- Acts as liaison between Operations & Customer for after-sales machine support.
- Manages machine warranty program – working with Sales teams
- Creates & Audits work procedures to best satisfy internal and external customer needs.
- Facilitates the training of all OAK global service technicians (Partners & Employees) to achieve established standards and reach new quality targets.
- Coaches Field Service Team and Center of Excellence Team - developing and multiplying employee’s talents and skills.
- Build & Grow customer relations to drive improved customer experience and customer retention.
- Maintain field service guidelines
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted continuous improvement projects in conjunction with day-to-day operational activities.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and general technical documents.
- Potential ability to travel, though not requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible. Professional communication etiquette required.
- Ability to think “out of the box” to effectively solve various problems.
- Show courtesy and respect toward all Burr Oak Tool Inc. employees and customers.
- Documentation of a drug screen must be provided prior to starting this position.