Non-Invasive Pressure Expansion
The Phoenix pressure expander exhibits zero shrinkage throughout the expansion process, resulting in drastically reduced material costs. Additionally, the innovative Phoenix expansion method leaves delicate tube enhancements undamaged, creating more opportunity for experimentation with radical new enhancement designs for improved heat transfer quality.
1m Coil Length: ~30 seconds
14' (4.27 m) wide
6.5' (1.98 m) deep
8.5' (2.59 m) tall
~8,000 lb (~3,630 kg)
1 ft3/min at 80-100 psi (0.03 m3/min at 5.6 bar)
8 kW @ .80/.82 PF, 24 VDC Controls
Foundation information supplied upon request.
Copper tube with aluminum fin
Up to 1 meter tall by 0.5 meters wide
.157" (5 mm) to – .394" (10mm) OD
Expansion PressureUp to 4,500 PSI (310 Bar)
- Elimination of mechanical bullets and rods
- Substantial reduction in scrap rate
- 30 second cycle time on a 4-station rotary system.
- Significant reduction in tube material costs due to zero shrink technology
- Considerable reduction in overall machine floor space and overhead space
- Earlier identification of substandard coils saves downstream material and labor costs
- Substandard tube detection during expansion process
- Pneumatic expansion reduces vertical forces on coil
- Innovative bell and flare reduces downstream production challenges with solutions for hairpin peg-leg
- Leaves flare region un-workhardened for optimal flare
- Improved flare diameter control
- Zero deformation of inner-tube enhancements.
- Ergonomic load and unload stations reduce strain on employees
- Light curtain safety system allows for optimal efficiency, movement and protection
- Touchscreen setup allows for rapid expansion diameter adjustments
- Pulley changeover system allows for fast tooling changeover
- Operator touch screen controls can be configured for different languages